Darkness In Me

Because You Are My World

I've lost who I am, who I was once.
Time was flowing like water licking the sand
And yet a piece of me stayed by my side
Like a wet sand soon to be dry.

What am I? What am I suppose to be?
Is there anyone who can answer for me?
I'd been praying for it for long,
Even before I was born.
Still in doubt that even a glimpse of answer...
An answer might come to me!

Where? Where do I belong?
A palace? A favela? A forest? Ocean?
Just like to be the wind, I wanted to be.
Belonging nowhere and everywhere
At the same time.
Winding to the face whom I love...
Winding to the face of a smiling child...
And in the hair of an old sad man...
I wish I was the wind... Yet, I'm not.
Maybe one day, I might be.

I may even be tree
On the peak of a mountain.
So I can welcome the sun
And farewell when it's gone.
Not just like being in the nature
But becoming with nature as one.

Would I be happy then?
I have no idea.
I wish I had.

Lots of things I want to be, once wanted to be.
Lots of places I yearn for, once dreamed about.
But I am here with you and only with you.
And now, all the world belongs to me!
All the places I yearn for...
All the smiles I want to touch...
And all the sadness I want to share...

I reach out for you and I have them all!

Because you are my world and...

I love my world.
         
                                                                              Enis Berkay Mert

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder